The Canadian Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) allows international students to work in Canada for up to three years after completing their graduation.

Who can apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit?

In order to be eligible for PGWP the candidates must:

  • 1. Be 18 or older
  • 2. Have studied full time in Canada in a program of at least 8 months duration
  • 3. Have completed and passed all the program requirements
  • 4. Have graduated from one of the following:
    • Public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/technical school or university, or CEGEP in Quebec.
    • A private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools (currently applies only to certain private post-secondary institutions in Quebec).
    • Private secondary or post-secondary school (in Quebec) that offers qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer, leading to a diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or an attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP).
    • Canadian private schools that legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelor’s, Masters or Doctorate degree) but only if you are enrolled in a study program leading to a degree as authorized by the province.
  • 5. Apply within 180 days of completing the program.

How can Aspire Canada help you in the Visa Application process?

The validity of PGWP is linked with the duration of studies. If a candidate has studied for less than eight months then they are not eligible.