After completing your graduation there are many options available to you:

  • Continue your studies and pursue advanced degrees
  • Return home with a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate
  • Gain more work experience in Canada

Work in Canada after Graduation

  • If you plan to stay and work in Canada after graduation, you should apply for Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) which will allow you to work anywhere in Canada for up to three years after your graduation.
  • If you want to work temporarily in Canada and do not apply for the PGWP, you might be eligible for one or more of the International Experience Canada (IEC) categories which offer various opportunities to work in Canada for a year or two depending upon the category and country of citizenship.

Gaining more work experience in Canada after your education can be a valuable asset for your future goals and it can also help you in becoming a Canadian permanent residence.